How to Connect Your Door Lock to Vivint- A quick and easy guide to connect your door lock to the Vivint Smart Home app.
- 1 Setting up Vivint
- 2 Installing the Door Lock
- 3 Connecting the Door Lock to Vivint
- 4 Setting Up Automation
- 5 Monitoring and Maintenance
Setting up Vivint
Vivint is a smart home automation system that can help you to make your home more secure. It can be connected to a variety of devices, including door locks. Setting up Vivint is easy and can be done in a few simple steps. The following instructions will help you to set up your Vivint system and connect it to your door lock.
Sign up for a Vivint account
Signing up for a Vivint account is the first step in connecting Vivint to your door lock. To start, you will need to download the Vivint app and enter your contact information, including an email address, phone number, and physical address. Be sure to provide accurate information so you can receive keyless entry notifications via email or text. After that, you will need to create a secure password with at least one number and one special character. Once your account has been established, open the Vivint app and log into your account using the same credentials as before.
You will then be prompted to complete setup by connecting your door lock, which can be completed in three simple steps: Connecting the device to Vivint’s server; enrolling with the service using Bluetooth; and setting up a four-digit passcode for keyless entry. To help ensure security during setup, you’ll be asked to input a unique code provided by Vivint that can only be obtained via email or text message from its support team. Once these steps are completed successfully, you should now have a secure connection between Vivint and your door lock!
Download the Vivint App
Before you can begin using your door lock with your Vivint Smart Home system, you must first download the Vivint App. The Vivint App is available for both iOS and Android devices. To download the app, visit either the Apple Store (for iOS) or Google Play (for Android). Once downloaded, open the app and log in with your Vivint Smart Home credentials.
Once logged in, Tap on “Add Device” button to begin adding your door lock to the system. After selecting the Door locks tab at the top of the page and selecting which door lock you would like to use, you will be prompted to complete a few steps:
1. Confirm which door number you wish to associate with this cutting machine
2. Set up your access code/ Pin – This will allow individuals that you trust access into your home
3. Name/ Label Your Device – Choose an easy name or label that makes sense for you so it’s easy to identify which cutting machine it is associated with
4. Sync Your Device – Once complete your device should now be synced up and ready for use!
Installing the Door Lock
Installing a door lock with Vivint is a quick and easy process. You will first need to purchase the Vivint Smart Lock, which is available through Vivint’s online store. Once you have the lock, you will need to connect it to the Vivint Smart Home app. This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to connect the door lock to Vivint.
Remove your existing lock
Before you begin the process, make sure that you have all the necessary hardware components, as well as your Vivint door controller and existing lock. Begin by switching off power to the current deadbolt system. Then remove the interior and exterior plates from both sides of your door. You may need to use a screwdriver to unscrew them. After removing the plates, loosen any screws connecting the trim to the door jamb and remove it as well. Once this is done, unscrew and remove the mounting screws from each side of your lock’s faceplate before removing it altogether, along with any parts attached to it (if any). Your existing door knob can now be safely discarded.
Install the Vivint Door Lock
Installing the Vivint Door Lock is a straightforward process. Before you start, make sure you have the required tools and all the parts that came with the door lock. You will need a drill, screw gun, tape measure and a Phillips head screwdriver.
The first step is to make sure that your current door knob or lever is compatible with your Vivint Door Lock. Check to make sure that it does not exceed 6 inches in height or 2-3/8 inches in diameter. If necessary, you may need to purchase an adapter kit from Vivint.
If you are replacing an existing lock on your door, remove it now and discard it safely before installing the new lock system from Vivint. Unscrew and detach any existing hardware from the door edge where you will be placing the new lock. This may include screws that hold on trim plates or center knobs or levers on passage sets (knob or lever set without latch bolt). Take note of any anchor points so they can be reused when attaching components of the door lock system.
Using a drill bit slightly smaller than the mounting holes in your new Vivint Door Lock (measure first!), drill through each of these holes into each horizontal edge of your door’s frame at approximately 2 inches deep (or as specified by manufacturer). Insert plastic anchors into each hole on either side frame edge below via hammer). Place trim plate against door frame; mark three holes for screws and then pre-drill accordingly using same bit size as for plastic anchors used earlier). Using a screw gun, attach trim plate securely to each side stationary face using three separate screws included with the kit (if necessary). Reattach any mounted hardware components like those used to temporarily remove existing lockset before attaching locking mechanism. Screw up locking mechanism according to instructions included with kit
Connecting the Door Lock to Vivint
Connecting your door lock to Vivint is an easy process. Vivint is a home automation system that you can use to control the locks on your doors and windows. One of the main advantages of connecting your door lock to Vivint is that you can control your lock remotely and set up notifications when someone opens or closes the door. This article will explain how to connect your door lock to Vivint.
Connect the Door Lock to Wi-Fi
Before connecting the door lock to your Vivint security system, ensure that the door lock is compatible with the Vivint smart home app. To connect the door lock to Wi-Fi, open up your Vivint app and select “Devices” from the main menu. Select “Door Lock” and then choose “Add”. The app should then guide you through the steps of setting up a name for your door lock as well as connecting it to Wi-Fi. Be sure to note any passwords required by the process; these will be needed for computers, phones, and other devices that you want to access through your Vivint Smart Home App. If you have problems with this step of the process please contact your local customer service provider for assistance. Once you have successfully connected your door lock to Wi-Fi, pairing it with your Vivint system can begin.
Pair the Door Lock with Vivint
Connecting your door lock to Vivint is easy and requires no special wiring. To ensure a successful pairing between your lock and your Vivint Smart Home system, set aside additional time to read the instructions and review the setup steps.
Before you begin, you’ll need the following:
-A compatible door lock that supports Z-Wave or Zigbee wireless protocols
-Your Vivint Smart Home user ID and password
-The serial number of your door lock
Once you have gathered all of these items, follow these steps for connecting the door lock with your Vivint system:
1. Power up the lock with batteries or a power adapter. If connecting a deadbolt, remove the inside escutcheon plate first.
2. Prepare to enroll if necessary by resetting it back to factory settings before pairings can occur. Be sure to check your manual for directions on how this is done according to type of model connected.
3. Log into MyVivint using a web browser or app with your user credentials provided at setup of home automation system process.
4. Select Add/Manage Devices under Automation Settings in the dashboard menu options and then select Z-Wave Interoperability (or Zigbee if applicable).
5. Follow instructions on screen presented in step by step format which may include uploading some codes depending on product make and model connected as part of second step above (enrollment). You will also be prompted for details like location in residence (e.g., front door), as well as assign generic name associated with residential entrance lockset that’s being monitored for activity (examples include Front Door-lock/unlock ). A validation code should appear during process that seller provides at point of sale when product purchased initially so have ready during this time frame as well if needed . Follow through remaining screens until Pariing process completed successfully indicated by an acknowledgement notice displayed once process completed .
Setting Up Automation
Setting up automation for your door lock is a great way to increase security and convenience. With Vivint, you can quickly and easily connect your door lock to the platform, allowing you to customize and control your automation. In this section, we’ll explore the steps needed to connect Vivint to your door lock.
Create Automation Rules
Creating an Automation rule on your Vivint Smart Home app is a great way to make your home more efficient and secure. Automation gives you the ability to unlock your door lock and start a routine when you arrive home, turn lights off when you leave and many other functions. Here’s how to create an automation rule with your Vivint Door Lock:
1. Select the Automation tab in the bottom right corner of the screen on your Vivint Smart Home app.
2. Tap Create New Rule
3. Select “Door Lock Automation”
4. Choose a variation of “When my door lock opens” or “When my door lock closes”
5. Select which devices should react when this rule is triggered, such as lights, locks, or other compatible equipment that can be automated through Vivint Smart Home app.
6 Name the rule for easy reference in the future and then enable it by pressing Create This Rule at the bottom of the page. Your Door Lock automation has now been set up and activated!
Set Up Schedules
Setting up schedules with Vivint is a great way to provide yourself or your family with convenience and security. Automating your door lock can help control access to your home and the ability to unlock the door remotely allows easy access for family members and delivery people alike. To set up a schedule, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your account online or open the Vivint App on your mobile device.
2. Select “Devices” in the main menu or under Automation.
3. Select “Locks,” then choose the lock you would like to modify.
4. Under “Schedules,” select “Create Schedule.”
5. Follow the instructions provided to enter a name for this schedule, set particular days of the week that you would like this schedule enabled, and set “lock times” for various entry points during those days.
6. Review all settings you have entered, then click on “Save Schedule” to save your settings and activate these modifications for this day of week(s).
Monitoring and Maintenance
Connecting your door lock to Vivint is a great way to ensure your home’s security and provide peace of mind. With Vivint’s monitoring and maintenance services, you have the ability to keep a close eye on your home, even if you’re away. In this section, we’ll explore how you can connect your door lock to Vivint and the benefits it provides.
Monitor Door Lock Usage
The Vivint Door Lock can be configured to monitor door lock usage for up to 24 hours. It will log every time the door is locked or unlocked, as well as the date and time of each entry. You can easily install the Door Lock to your current setup or integrate it with your existing automated home security system from Vivint.
With Door Lock monitoring, you can keep an eye on who is entering and leaving your home at any given time. If a problem arises, you will be able to immediately determine who has accessed the door and when. You can also be alerted when your lock is tampered with, giving you peace of mind knowing that no uninvited guests have made their way into your house.
The Vivint Door Lock system is easy to install, maintain, and use – plus it’s highly reliable and secure so it won’t fail on you when you need it most! With 24/7 connection to our monitoring service, all activity near your door will tracked and logged in real-time so that any suspicious activity can be investigated further using our advanced analytics tools. For added security, we offer optional camera integration for an even more detailed view of who’s coming in or out of your home.
Test and Maintain the Door Lock
Regularly testing and maintaining your door lock is important for ensuring that your device continues to operate properly, securely and safely. Here are some tips for properly maintaining your door lock:
Visual inspection. Examine the device and all of its components to check for material damage or defects, incorrect drilling, improper wiring, screws or nuts that may be loose, and other signs of wear or degradation.
Bolt alignment. Check the coordination between the deadbolt and the door latch regularly to make sure they are lined up properly and unlocking only when commanded by Vivint Smart Home system adjustments.
Electrical connection. Check the electrical connections (transformers and wires) between the device’s batteries (and any scrap metal) regularly to ensure that no corrosion has set in from humidity or salt-water exposure. If you find any corrosion, replace those components immediately.
Battery replacement. Monitor your door lock’s battery level constantly to ensure it stays charged and can be relied upon in an emergency situation if you’re away from home or out of town. You should change out the batteries every three months to guarantee reliable operation when you need it most.
User access audits. Audit user access regularly with an eye on who has been using the device-or trying to use it-and when those attempts were made. Keeping track of user activity will help you stay ahead of potential breaches before they happen-a critical step in today’s security-conscious world!
Checkout this video: