QVIS offers a simple and effective way to connect your CCTV system to your phone. By following a few simple steps, you can view live footage of your home or business from anywhere in the world.
- 1 Preparation
- 2 Connect the CCTV to Your Phone
- 3 Setup and Configuration
- 4 Troubleshooting
- 5 Maintenance
Before you can connect your QVIS CCTV to your phone, there are a few things that you need to do to prepare. First you need to make sure you have the latest version of the QVIS CCTV Mobile App and that your phone is compatible with the app. You should also check that your QVIS CCTV system is connected to your wireless network, and that the wireless connection is strong enough to support the video feed. Lastly, you should check your phone settings to make sure that everything is properly configured. With all of this done, you should be ready to connect your QVIS CCTV.
Download the QVIS App
In order to set up your QVIS CCTV using your mobile device, you must first download and install the QVIS App. This is a free app available for both iOS and Android devices, so make sure to check your store for availability. Once installed, open up the app on your device and create an account. You will need your username and password to log in later on. Make sure that you save these details as they will be required for future authentication.
Check the compatibility of your device
Before attempting to connect your QVIS CCTV camera to your phone, ensure that your device is compatible. The following types of phones are currently compatible with the QVIS CCTV cameras: Android mobile phones running version 4.0 and above and iPhones 5S and newer models running iOS 8.0 or higher. If you have an older device, it may not be compatible with the Bluetooth connection of the camera, so please make sure you check for compatibility before starting to connect the devices.
To further check the compatibility of your device, visit the official website for FAQs and product details. You can also contact customer care directly for assistance or any kind of query related to this product.
Connect the CCTV to Your Phone
With the advancement of technology, it has become easier than ever to connect your QVIS CCTV to your phone. There are a few steps that you need to follow in order to successfully set up your CCTV system on your phone. In this article we will discuss how to connect your QVIS CCTV to your phone, so that you can monitor your home or business from wherever you are.
Connect the CCTV to your router
Once you have your CCTV system up and running, it is important to learn how to connect the CCTV to your router. This is essential in order for you to be able to monitor and access the live footage of the cameras remotely. One of the best ways to do this is with a QVIS HD network video recorder. To begin, make sure that both your CCTV devices (cameras and NVR) are connected your router via an Ethernet cable or directly via a Wi-Fi connection. If you’re using the latter option, make sure you have configured all necessary settings on both the NVR and camera before proceeding.
Next, access your QVIS NVR via its IP address and log in using your preferred username and password. You will then need to configure your network settings from within this interface as well as ensuring that all port forwarded correctly on your internet service provider’s (ISP) end. Once all ports are open, use a port tester tool online or use an Android app such as Port Forwarding Tester Pro for confirmation that everything has been done correctly.
You can then go ahead and download the official QVIS Remote Viewer mobile application onto either an iOS or Android device before logging in with the same information used on your NVR interface earlier. You should now see a list of camera streams if everything has worked correctly; otherwise you may need additional assistance from customer support or network technicians in order to troubleshoot any further problems regarding connecting your QVIS CCTV backup system to a smartphone device.
Set up the QVIS App
The QVIS app is available on both the App Store and Google Play and is free to download. Once the app is downloaded, open it and sign in or create an account, if necessary. Now go to your phone’s settings, select Wi-Fi and connect to the network labeled with your CCTV’s specific SSID. This can usually be found on a sticker attached to the bottom of your device. Once you are connected to the same modem as your router, return to the QVIS App. Select “Footage” from the menu at the bottom of your screen for a live feed of your surveillance camera video. You will have access to all connected cameras and their footage at once via this menu.
The app also offers several useful features in addition to viewing live feeds of footage from all connected cameras directly on your phone or tablet. Features such as storage notifications, snapshot downloads and alarms will alert you when movement has been detected by any connected cameras – just don’t forget to adjust them from their default settings within the App itself first!
Connect the CCTV to your phone
QVIS CCTV cameras provide an easy way to keep an eye on your home or office, no matter where you are. While it used to be that you would need a computer or laptop with an internet connection to be able to view the footage, it is now possible to access your QVIS CCTV cameras directly from any compatible smartphone or tablet. This article will provide step-by-step instructions on how to connect your QVIS CCTV camera to your phone.
Before getting started, you will need a few components in order to connect the QVIS Camera system:
-A Wi-Fi router
-A compatible smartphone/tablet
-The QVIS Camera mobile application
To begin the connection process, start by setting up a Wi-Fi network for the cameras. If you already have a Wi-Fi signal at home then this should be simple enough; however, if there is no signal then you may need purchase a wireless router. Once connected, use the QR code available with the camera system and scan it using your phone’s QR code scanner (available in most stores). This will open up the “QVIEW” mobile application where you will be able to see all of your QVIS cameras.
Next, select “Add” within the “QVIEW”app and follow step by step instructions until finished. You will also have the option during this process of adding multiple cameras with just one device which is especially convenient if there are multiple locations being monitored with cameras. The next step involves connecting each camera individually and can take some time if you have several devices in place; however this should get quicker as more locations are added over time. When completed, return to the main screen of ” QVIEW ” and select “Device Settings” for further individualizing settings for each camera such as configuring notifications about motion detection etc..
Finally all that remains is setting up viewing operational modes such as Day/Night viewing mode etc.. Then simply turn off sleep mode on your device so that it can remain constantly functional when needed and alarms should be enabled so that they go off in case of any suspicious activity detected by any of your connected security devices during live streaming or playback mode operations..Once completed ,you’ll now be able to see footage recorded from all of your monitored locations remotely via your smartphone or other compatible device!
Setup and Configuration
Setting up a QVIS CCTV system to be viewable on your phone is a straightforward process. You will need a smartphone to be able to view your CCTV footage remotely. This guide will show you the steps to configure your QVIS CCTV system for remote viewing. You will learn about the setup process and how to link your system to your phone. Let’s get started!
Configure the settings in the QVIS App
Before connecting your QVIS CCTV to your phone, it is important to ensure the settings in the QVIS App on your device are configured correctly. To set up the settings in the QVIS App:
1. Open the QVIS App and tap on ‘Settings’
2. Under ‘General Settings’, select ‘Connection’ and select your desired connection – either Wi-Fi or Local Area Network
3. Enter the requested information (i.e. username and password) for setting up a Wi-Fi connection, or you can use a QR Code to quickly set up a Local Area Network
4. If using Local Area Network you will also be required to select a secure PIN number that is at least 8 characters long
5. After entering all of this information, select ‘Done’ at the bottom of the page
6. Your settings are now saved and ready to be used when connecting your device to your QVIS CCTV camera
Set up the motion detection
In order to set up the motion detection feature on your QVIS CCTV system, you will need to log into your camera using the QVIS Viewer app. Once you have logged in, select the Settings icon and then go to Event Settings > Motion Detection.
In this section, you can choose what type of motion detection you want to use and also customize the Trigger Action and Target Type. When selecting a Trigger Action, you can choose whether you want an alert sent by email or SMS when motion is detected or whether an event should be triggered on an external device such as a doorbell or light switch.
The Target Type will tell your camera what type of object will trigger a motion detection event such as people, animals, vehicles or all of these together. The sensitivity of the motion tracker is also customizable in this section so that it won’t be triggered too easily by small movements like swaying branches or shadows passing by.
Once you have configured your desired settings for motion detection, save them and your motion detector will be ready for when it needs to start recording footage.
Set up the recording schedule
In order to configure your recording schedule you will need to assign a day, time and type of recording you need.
You can opt to schedule the camera to record in one of three options: Continuous Recording, Motion-Activated Recording or Timelapse Recording.
Continuous Recording: All day every day, the QVIS CCTV will continuously record whatever is seen within its view. Motion-Activated Recording: With this recording type, the camera only switches on when it detects movement. This is useful for conserving bandwidth and storage space on your hard drive when larger recordings are not required.
Timelapse Recording: This option allows you to capture a pre-defined number of still frames within a set duration of time (1 second per frame) so that events may be condensed and recorded more quickly than with normal video recording speeds. You can select which days or times this should start and end so that your QVIS CCTV records only when it needs too.
Once you have assigned each schedule, click ‘Save Settings’ and your QVIS CCTV will begin running its configured schedules accordingly.
Connecting your QVIS CCTV to your phone can be a complicated process, so it is important to know what to do if something goes wrong. This section will discuss the common issues that may arise while attempting to connect your QVIS CCTV to your phone, and how to troubleshoot them. We will also provide helpful tips to ensure a successful connection.
Check the network connection
Before any troubleshooting can begin, it is essential to make sure the network connection between your QVIS CCTV and your phone is set up correctly. To do this, check that both devices are on the same network and that the IP address of the DVR matches the subnet mask. If there are any discrepancies, release and renew the DHCP on both devices or manually assign an IP address to each device. Additionally, be sure to validate that port forwarding is in place if necessary. Once all of these steps have been completed, you should be able to connect your devices successfully.
Check the power supply
Prior to attempting to connect your QVIS CCTV Camera to your phone, it is important to first confirm that you have the right power supply for the camera. An improper power supply can cause the camera not to power up properly, or at all. To ensure that you have the proper power supply:
-Check your camera manual and identify what type of voltage and amperage are required for your camera.
-Check your current power supply. Ensure that it is the same as what is specified in the product manual.
-If your current voltage or amperage does not match that specified in the manual, replace it with a new one, making sure to get one with the correct specifications.
Once you have confirmed that you have the correct power supply for your QVIS CCTV Camera, then you can proceed with connecting it to your phone according to instructions provided in its manual.
Reset the CCTV system
In some cases, resetting the entire CCTV system is necessary in order to connect it to a phone. Use the following steps to reset your QVIS CCTV system:
1. Locate the power cable that connects the CCTV camera to a power source and disconnect it.
2. Turn off any connected monitors or televisions on which you’ve been viewing the footage from your CCTV system.
3. Disconnect any other cables connected to your NVR, such as audio cables or Ethernet cables used for networking purposes.
4. Wait for 30 seconds before turning all devices back on, beginning with your NVR first and allowing approximately 10-15 seconds for each device before powering up the next one in line (including monitors/televisions).
5. Reconnect all of the necessary cables and turn on devices connected to your NVR (such as monitors/televisions) one at a time, allowing 10-15 seconds for each device before powering up the next one in line.
6. Once all devices are powered up, attempt reconnecting your CCTV system to your phone again using the instructions provided in our user guide or helpful resources below: [List relevant resources here].
Connecting QVIS CCTV to your phone is a relatively simple process. However, proper maintenance is essential to ensure the camera is functioning properly. Understanding some of the main maintenance areas will help to ensure your QVIS CCTV camera remains in good condition and works efficiently. Let’s look at what types of maintenance are necessary for the camera.
Update the firmware
When it comes to surveillance camera systems, keeping your device’s firmware up-to-date is essential for optimal performance and security. Every QVIS CCTV system is shipped with the latest firmware, but if you recently purchased a device or it has been a few months since you’ve updated your firmware, then the following steps will show you how to update the firmware using the QVIS Camera Companion app.
1. Download and launch the QVIS Camera Companion app on your iOS or Android mobile device.
2. Sign in with your administrator username and password.
3. Tap “Settings” > “About” > “Firmware”.
4. Look for any new updates available for your cameras and select “Install” when prompted.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process.
6. Confirm that all updated versions of your cameras’ firmwares are displayed in Settings under About – Firmware page when finished installation process is completed successfully, then restart all devices associated with your CCTV system to ensure that all changes are applied correctly before using them again for surveillance purposes.
Perform regular backups
To ensure that your video files are kept safe, you should perform regular backups. Most DVR systems allow you to transfer the recordings to a USB device for safe storage. To do this, insert your USB device into the DVR system and follow the instructions in the manual for setting up a backup routine. If you have an internet connection, some systems also allow you to transfer recordings and images remotely via FTP or other internet methods.
When making backups it is important to ensure that they are stored securely and out of reach of suspicious persons such as thieves or intruders. It is also important to regularly check that all cameras are working correctly in order to have up-to-date information on what is happening in the area being monitored.
Check the security settings
Checking the security settings of your QVIS CCTV system is an important step in getting your CCTV up and running. Depending on your specific system model, you may need to make certain changes to ensure the system is secure. Here are some steps you can take to ensure that your security settings are properly configured:
1. Check all passwords associated with the CCTV system and change them if necessary. You should set strong passwords for any accounts related to the CCTV system and use different passwords for each account.
2. When setting up remote access, ensure that remote access only works from approved IP addresses and subnets. This way, only authorized users will be able to access your system from outside of the local network.
3. Make sure all security patches and software updates are installed on all devices connected to the CCTV system, especially if you are using wireless network components such as routers or modems.
4. Look for any open ports on the router used with your QVIS CCTV system, close them if found, or consider port forwarding options so that only specific outcomes are allowed through specifically-defined ports on certain devices/hosts only when needed (this requires advanced knowledge).
5. Make sure every user account associated with a device connected to the QVIS CCTV has its own password set up-preferably strong ones-with appropriate levels of user privileges assigned so that no unauthorized level of access can be gained at any point in time (e.g., do not give root access or higher administrator accounts).
Checkout this video: