Installing the Ring Home Security System is a great way to keep your home safe and secure. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
- 1 Preparation
- 2 Installation
- 3 Final Steps
Before installing the Ring Home Security System, it is important to do some preparation. First, you should identify the areas in and around your home that you want to secure. This can include doorways, windows, and even outdoor spaces such as patios, decks, and balconies. Once you have an idea of the areas you want to secure, you can begin to plan for placement of the Ring Home Security System.
Gather the necessary tools
Before you begin the installation process, you will need to prepare by gathering the necessary items needed for a successful installation. It is important to make sure that you have everything before starting the installation, so that you do not waste time later. Here is a list of items that will be required:
– Electric drill
– Level ruler
– Tape measure
– Phillips screwdriver
– Dowel hole jig (if required)
– Drill bits (various sizes)
– Hammerset type anchors file drills or pins (if mounting on solid masonry)
– Pliers (optional)
Depending on your specific model and setup, other tools may be required. Before beginning your installation process, double check to make sure you have all of the necessary tools and supplies ready. Proper preparation is key when installing any type of home security system!
Read the installation manual
Prior to installing the Ring Home Security System, it is important to read and understand the installation manual thoroughly. The manual provides detailed instructions on how to properly set up the Ring system, including connecting the base and motion sensors to Internet access points, configuring security settings and testing various systems functions. It also offers troubleshooting tips in case of any technical difficulties and answers questions about setup issues. Taking the time to study this guide will ensure that the system is installed correctly and cameras regularly monitored, making it an important step in securing your home against intrusion.
Installing the Ring Home Security System is a relatively simple and straightforward process. The first step is to plug the Ring Base Station into a power source and connect it to your modem or router using an Ethernet cable. Once connected, you’ll download the Ring app and create your account. Check your user details carefully before adding in your devices and you’ll be ready to set up and begin using the security system.
Mount the base station
Mounting the Alarm Base for your Ring home security system is an important step in setting up your system. To mount the Alarm Base, follow the steps below:
1. Choose a location for the Alarm Base that is near an electrical outlet and within range of your WiFi internet connection. Avoid installing directly above a stove or other heat source, as this could interfere with optimal operation.
2. Mark two pilot holes on the wall where you plan to mount the Alarm Base and secure it with plastic wall anchors and screws included with your installation kit (be sure to consult a building expert if you do not feel confident completing this part on your own).
3. Connect power and plug in the Alarm Base using its attached 5-foot cord (do not use anything but an official Ring power adaptor). Note that you may need an extension cord depending on how far away from your electrical outlet you’ve mounted it.
4. Once plugged in, verify that your Alarm Base is powered by looking for either two green lights or two yellow lights at the top right of your system (the specific colors used to indicate power will vary depending on which device you are using). If nothing appears, double check that you have connected all wires properly, plugged it into a working electric outlet, and tried resetting power by unplugging and replugging it back in after 10 seconds before contacting customer service for additional assistance.
Connect the base station to your router
Connecting the base station to your router is a simple process that must be completed before the Ring home security system can be activated and used. To begin, locate your router, which is usually found in a utility closet. Ensure the power cable is securely connected and then plug the cord into a power outlet. Locate the Ethernet cable included with your Ring Home Security System and connect one end of it to your router, then connect the other end to your base station. Finally, press the Power button on both your router and base station. This will initiate a secure connection between these two components and allow them to communicate with each other via an encrypted channel. The connection will be confirmed when both devices display steady solid lights on their respective power buttons. You are now ready to activate and configure your Ring Home Security System for use!
Install the motion detectors
After mounting the base of the Ring Doorbell and connecting it to power, you are ready to install the motion sensors. These will detect motion within a designated area, notifying you of movement outside your home. To get started, examine the back of your doorbell where you will find the mounting bracket. Take note of the included drill holes and use a power drill with an appropriate bit to create pilot holes on each side where indicated. Once done, insert wall anchors into each pilot hole using a hammer and then install the screws.
Next, attach your motion detector to its mounting bracket by lining up its stem with that of the bracket and then tighten both screws until secure. Finally, peel off the adhesive strips from back of battery compartment and attach onto desired surface ensuring that there is no blockage for its view area so that it can detect any movements accurately and efficiently. When in place, close its battery compartment lid and twist until secure before testing out that it works properly either through Alexa or through Ring’s app on your smartphone or tablet device.
Install the door/window sensors
The Ring Alarm system utilizes a set of door/window sensors that provide the physical security your home needs to help keep out unwanted intruders. To Activate Your System, the installation of these door/window sensors is a simple and straightforward process.
Choose an appropriate location and test whether they are marked as “closed” or “open” when doors or windows are closed or opened. The sensor should be placed within 48 inches of a corner, in order to detect movement in multiple directions. If the sensor is not within the specified range, it may require relocation in order to maximize accuracy when detecting movement.
Next, clean the area where you plan on placing each sensor before mounting them using adhesive strips. Once secured, use an Alkaline battery to power up each sensor and then follow the voice prompts or user manual for pairing them with your account on your mobile device or computer. After successfully Activating Your System by pairing each device, you can rest assured that your home security system is installed correctly and is ready for monitoring at all times.
Install the contact sensors
Installing the contact sensors is one of the most important steps of Activating Your Ring Home Security system. Contact sensors help you determine when a door or window is opened or closed and alert you if something unusual happens. To successfully Activate Your Ring, assess your security needs and follow the steps below:
1. Select a door or window to install the sensor on, where it can be easily seen.
2. Locate and remove any old sensors that were directly connected to the doorway or window.
3. Clean the surface of the installed contact sensor with a damp cloth so it can stick on properly-avoid putting anything other than water on it, such as cleaning fluids, solvents, alcohol, or oils.
4. Measure and mark off where you want to place your contact sensor, placing it in an area where potential burglars won’t notice it easily while they’re entering through a door or window (no more than 12 inches above or below this entry point is recommended).
5 Prepare your adhesive backings and adhere them to both sides of the body of the sensor using firm pressure and even movements until they are fully attached – avoid sticking them at an angle for maximum security coverage.
6 Peel off their protective backing from each adhesive strip and press firmly against both sides of each side of the door frames with even pressure for 30 seconds until secure; make sure there are no gaps between either side of the frames for maximum protection..
7 Connect your contact sensors to your Ring Home Security system by opening up its mobile app and following its instructions carefully; use voice commands if needed to properly configure all settings correctly within its dashboard interface. This will ensure all alerts are sent promptly when there is suspicious activity detected around/near these locations. Assess your security needs before Activating Your Ring to ensure that your home security system will be complete with effective protection against burglars!
Now that you have chosen your Ring cameras and set up the Ring App, it’s time to install the Choose Your Security Ring Home Security System. Before doing so, make sure your home internet connection is working properly and that your router is configured to support the system. Let’s walk through the last stages of installation.
Set up the Ring app
Once you have successfully installed your Ring Home Security System and all of the components are tested and working, the next step is to set up the Ring app. The app provides you with a convenient way to connect to your Ring devices and manage your system remotely. To set up the app, follow these steps:
1. Download the free Ring App from the App Store or Google Play store.
2. Create an account, then sign in.
3. After signing in, you will be guided through a setup process that involves connecting all of your Ring security devices to your home Wi-Fi network and registering them with your Ring account through the app.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete each device setup process, then move on to connecting additional devices until your entire system has been fully installed and integrated into one controller via your smartphone or tablet.
5. Once all of your devices have been connected and set up within the mobile app you can begin using them from anywhere in the world by simply signing in with your user name and password from any device that has access to Wi-Fi or mobile data service (including iPads, iPhones and Android devices).
Activate the system
Once you’ve installed the Ring Alarm system and tested it, it’s easy to launch the system by accessing your Ring app. To start, open the Ring app and select “Account Settings”. From there, select “Alarm System” and follow the on-screen instructions. You will need to enter your activation code if you purchased a code or use a valid credit card for Easy Pay activation (US customers only). Once you see that the device is activated in your app, turn on both indoor and outdoor keypads by pressing their power buttons at least five times in rapid succession. The same holds true for contact sensors installed on doors or windows. Finally, make sure all components are synced with your Ring Base Station correctly which can be done via Bluetooth or Wifi connection. Once the alarm system has been activated, you can start monitoring and controlling it from anywhere with your mobile device.
Test the system
After the installation is complete, you need to take the time to test the system. This is where you can assess both audio and visual components of your Ring Home Security System and make changes as necessary. To do this:
1. Activate alarms for the door and window sensors to ensure that they’re sending signals properly.
2. Access the app on your phone or computer and check whether images from your cameras are clear, focused, and show detailed images of people or objects in their field of view.
3. Listen for sounds from monitoring devices, such as sirens or tones, when you open doors or windows that have been armed with sensors.
4. Adjust camera settings with the Ring app if your images need improvement due to lighting, angle positioning of devices, etc.
5. Test the motion-sensor alarm to ensure that it is triggered whenever an individual passes within its range.
6. Check connections between wired or wireless components and consider using an intercom if necessary to enhance communication between different parts of your home security system (e.g., monitor in one room, doorbell/camera at front door).
7. Make sure all alert settings are configured accurately according to your needs so that access control features are enabled when required (i.e., turn on lights when motion detected).
Once you have tested each feature of your home security system thoroughly, you can activate it for use by following instructions provided with its manual for final setup procedures before enjoying more peace of mind!
Customizing the settings of your Ring Home Security System is an essential final step in your installation process to ensure that the system can provide you with the level of protection and convenience that best meets your needs. Depending on the version of Ring you have, there are several Common Issues Motion sensitivity, light control, volume, push notifications and other features can all be adjusted to your personal preferences from within the app. If you need to install your Ring camera in an area without existing structures (such as trees or masonry fixtures), you may require additional mounting hardware and/or posts. Taking a few minutes to prepare before beginning application setup will help ensure quick and efficient installation for optimal performance. To get the most out of your Ring device, make sure to Disconnect your Ring and adjust settings according to your needs.
Checkout this video: