A step-by-step guide on how to set up your Ring Home Security System.
- 1 Unboxing and Setup
- 2 Setting Up Your Devices
- 3 Adding Additional Devices
- 4 Customizing Your Settings
- 5 Monitoring and Troubleshooting
Unboxing and Setup
Setting up the Ring Home Security System is a straightforward process that can be completed in a few steps. Before you begin, make sure you’ve gathered all the materials included in the box – the base station , keypad, contact sensors, motion detectors, and range extenders. Once these materials are accounted for, you’ll be ready to start the setup process.
Unbox the Ring Home Security System
The Ring Home Security System contains everything you need to set up your system: one base station, four contact sensors, one motion detector, and the Ring alarm keypad. As you get started unboxing your security system, keep the box handy – it can be used as a template for where to place each sensor.
Start by setting out all of the components in front of you on a table or workbench. Then, plug in the base station and click it into its mounting bracket. You’ll need to attach this to a wall via the included screws or adhesive strips before mounting it in your home. Next, take out each contact sensor and assign it an area name (e.g., Hallway Window). Peel off the adhesive backing and affix each one at its designated location following the instructions provided for placement guidelines such as height and proximity from walls or entry points.
Continue by taking out the motion detector and following its instructions for placement: Mounting brackets and hardware are included so you can attach it securely indoors – simply choose an elevated position that covers a wide range of views from its location. Lastly, press on each numbered contact sensor so that your base station acknowledges their presence and properly pair them during setup – pressing on number one first then two second will help ensure proper pairing with your newly installed Ring Home Security system.
Install the app and create an account
Before you unbox your Ring Home Security System, it’s important to know that you need an internet connection as well as a smartphone or tablet in order to set it up. Once you have these items, follow the simple steps below to get started.
Install the Ring app: Visit the App Store or Google Play and download the Ring app for your iOS or Android device.
Create an account: Open the Ring app and create a new account by entering your email address and setting a password. If you already have a Ring account from using other Ring products, use that same Login information here.
Link your devices: You can now add new devices to your account by scanning or manually entering their serial numbers into the app.
Activate monitoring: Activate optional 24/7 professional monitoring of your property so you will be notified when emergency help is needed.
Finalize settings: Complete setup of additional features such as motion detection and camera settings in order to customize alerts, recording schedules and more! Now you’re all set!
Connect the base station to your router
Once your base station and devices are powered up, you’ll need to connect the base station to your home router. To connect the base station:
1. Find your network name (SSID) and password in the router configuration page
2. Open the Ring app on your mobile device and select Set Up a Device
3. Follow the prompts on screen until you reach Base Station Found
4. Enter your home router’s name (SSID) and password when prompted
5. Tap Continue to complete connection of the base station
6. The app will then prompt you to set up any connected devices, such as door/window sensors or motion detectors
7. Follow all prompts until setup is complete
Successful connection to a working Wi-Fi network is essential for proper functioning of Ring home security system. If you have difficulty connecting, please refer to your router user manual or contact customer service for assistance.
Setting Up Your Devices
Setting up your Ring Home Security System is an important step in securing your home. There are several devices that you will need to set up to properly secure your home. These devices include a Ring Doorbell Pro, Stick Up Cam, and Alarm Security Kit. In this section, we will discuss the necessary steps to setting up these devices and more.
Place the contact sensors on your doors and windows
For optimal security, it is important to properly place the contact sensors on your doors and windows. Place the magnet on one side of the door or window frame and the sensor on the other side of the frame so that when you close the door or window, a signal is sent to your Ring Alarm Base Station. Make sure that two to four inches of clearance is maintained between the magnet and sensor in order for them to properly connect when triggered. Take care to ensure that both parts are spaced evenly apart with no obstructions blocking their path, such as grills or wood trim.
If you are mounting contact sensors onto metal frames, such as storm shutters, consider using double-sided tape or screws instead of adhesive strips as this will provide a stronger, more reliable connection. Additionally, be aware of possible interference caused by RFID tags in passports, wallets and smartcards placed between them as this could prevent proper triggering.
Install the motion sensors
Installing your Ring motion sensors is a simple task, but one that requires attention to detail. To install each sensor, you’ll need to mount them at the appropriate height (between 5 and 10 feet) in an area where they won’t be blocked by furniture or other items. It would be beneficial to cover any areas that provide easy access to your home using separate motion sensors.
Motion sensors are installed using mounting brackets and screws (which are included). For best performance, locate the sensor between 5 and 10 feet away from any sources of heat, such as heating vents or direct sunlight. Also make sure the sensor can detect movement within a 15-foot radius of its location without being blocked or obstructed by walls or furniture. It would also be beneficial to test each sensor as you install it by setting off a motion alert from outside the house so you can make sure it’s functioning properly. Finally, make sure the power switch for each acceleration detector is set to On before beginning installation.
Connect the keypad to your base station
The keypad connects directly to your Ring base station and serves as the main control panel for your home security system. To set up the keypad, locate the Keypad port on the back of your base station and plug in the Keypad cord. Once plugged in, press “O” on the keypad. You should then see a blinking green light on the base station which indicates that your keypad has been successfully synced with your base station.
Once you’ve finished connecting the Keypad, you will need to assign it a location code within your Ring home security system. This code helps identify where each device is set up. To assign a code to your keypad, press “3” on the keypad followed by pressing “+”. Select a location code from 1-6 and follow this process for all device installations within range of your base station.
When setting up an additional device, make sure not to sync it with any other existing devices within range of its operating zone or it may interfere with their respective codes. Additionally, be sure that all devices are within range of one another so that they can communicate effectively with each other and provide total coverage around your home
Adding Additional Devices
Adding devices to your Ring Home Security System is an important step for ensuring that your home is as safe and secure as possible. With the ability to customize your security system, you can add extra sensors, cameras, and keypads to provide even more coverage and security. This article will discuss how to set up additional devices to your Ring Home Security System so that you can take full advantage of its features.
Add additional contact sensors to your system
It is easy to add additional contact sensors to your home security system. Contact sensors are small, wireless devices that detect whether a door or window is open or closed. Each sensor consists of two magnetic components that communicate wirelessly when they detect motion, like when a door or window is opened and closed.
When adding additional contact sensors, make sure you have enough batteries and magnets for each device. Many contact sensors require one battery and two magnetic components, so it’s important to count how many sensors you need before shopping. Depending on the model, some contacts may also require mounting hardware such as screws to secure the device in place.
To add additional contact sensors, first activate them by inserting the supplied batteries and ensuring that both the magnet and the sensor are placed on opposite sides of the door or window you want to set them up for. Once activated, you can now add them to your Ring app. Using your app settings, first select “Devices” from the main menu then choose “Add Device” in order to name your device and assign it into a particular location in your home such as bedroom windows or entry doors.
Once added into your app settings you will be able to view all of your devices listed under their respective locations along with their status bar which alerts you of any changes in motion detected by each unit sensor. Do not forget also that it is important to test all of your devices frequently in order to confirm their proper response and reliability — this can assure accurate monitoring of any potential intrusions into your home at all times!
Add additional motion sensors
Motion sensors are great for catching suspicious activity on your property and can be added to any Ring security system. To add additional motion sensors, you will need to purchase motion sensor accessories. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Download the Ring app and connect your existing Ring devices with your access code.
2. Open the “Devices” section in the app, then select “Add a Device” at the bottom of the page.
3. Follow the prompts to add an additional motion sensor, including naming it and selecting where it should be placed on your property. For best results, aim for higher locations such as up a wall or in a corner of a room that has full view of all sides of it or its interior space or hallway leading up to it
4. When prompted, push down firmly on the back button of your new sensor for about 10 seconds until you hear two short chimes and followed by one long chime indicating that pairing is complete and it is now ready to use
5. Test out any features associated with your motion sensors such as mobile alerts when they detect activity
6. Setup other desired features in order to ensure maximum security within your home environment (i.e., customize alarm siren sound, adjust motion detection sensitivity levels).
Connect additional keypads
If you need to arm and disarm your Ring Alarm from multiple locations, you may want to add additional Keypads. When adding Keypads, make sure they are in a convenient location near an exit you will use every day. You can easily connect additional Keypads by following these simple steps:
1. Launch the Ring app and navigate to the “Devices” tab.
2. Select your Base Station or Security Kit that includes the compatible wireless Keypad model of your choice, then follow the in-app instructions to wiring and pairing it with your system.
3. Enter any four digit code that meets the requirements of your Security Settings, and select “Finish setup”.
4. To complete the setup process, place batteries into the new Keypad and press any button on it at least three times consecutively within 30 seconds of powering up in order for it to be recognized in the app.
5. If successful, you’ll be notified that “Pairing was successfull”. You have now added an additional keypad for arming/ disarming your Ring Alarm system from multiple locations!
Customizing Your Settings
Getting the most out of your Ring Home Security System is all about customizing the settings. With the right settings, you can make sure that you’re getting the most out of the system and that it’s working the way you need it too. Here, we’ll be exploring some of the settings you can adjust to ensure your Ring Home Security System is running as smoothly as possible.
Customize the motion detection settings
Configuring your motion detection settings on your Ring Home Security System can give you peace of mind and help provide added security. It’s important to customize the settings to fit your specific needs.
When customizing the motion detection settings, you can adjust the:
-Sensitivity of the settings
-Alert zones, adjusting which areas within the view of a camera will trigger an alert
-Motion schedules, which allows users to control when and for how long each camera will detect motion
You can also choose to turn off notifications for specific alert zones. It’s important to note that turning off alerts within an alert zone won’t disable the camera or its ability to detect motion, it will only turn off notifications for these settings.
In addition, you have access to advanced settings that allow you to adjust the range of motion sensitivity and set up specific rules on how long it takes before a particular alert triggers again after it has been triggered previously.
These settings are intended to provide an optimal balance between reducing unnecessary alerts while still ensuring that any suspicious activity is captured and alerted upon in a timely manner.
Set up alerts and notifications
Alerts and notifications play an important role in keeping your home safe and secure. Your Ring home security system allows you to customize your settings to receive notifications on the activity that is happening around your home, inside or out. There are two types of notifications available; motion detection alerts and doorbell alerts.
Motion Detection Alerts – These alerts will notify you when there is movement detected by your Ring Motion Detectors and connected cameras. You can set the alerts to sound only when motion is detected within a certain area of the frame, providing extra security for especially high-risk areas like doors or windows. You can also receive an alert if someone lingers in the frame for a defined period of time or if something moves too quickly through the frame.
Doorbell Alerts – These are sent whenever someone rings your doorbell, or activates other connected devices like alarms or sensors, so you know exactly who is at your front door. You can also customize the frequency of these alerts; low, medium, and high depending on how often people come to your door-ideal for homes with frequent visitors, like airbnb hosts or service providers who come often throughout the day.
Add users to your account
Adding users to your Ring Home Security System account is an important part of customizing your security settings. It allows you to give others access to your home security system, granting them control of the system features and settings.
In order to add a user to your account, you must have a Ring Alarm base station, a Ring Protect Security Plan, and an active internet connection. To add another user:
1. Select the Settings tab in the Ring app.
2. Select Users under Manage Account section.
3. Tap Add User and enter required information such as name, email address and birthdate when prompted.
4. Make sure that the “Has Access To” switch is turned on for each service or feature that you want the new user to access (such as arming and disarming).
5. Choose either SMS or Email for two-step verification method; choose one or both if desired
6. When finished, tap Create User button at bottom of page
7. The new user will be sent an invitation via email or SMS with instructions on how to click through and create an account for themselves
8. After creating their account, users can log in with their credentials under the “Forgot Your Password?” screen within the log-in page of the app
By adding users to your Ring Home Security System, you are able customize settings while increasing security by allowing others access only when needed or desired – keeping your home safe while still remaining connected with family or friends!
Monitoring and Troubleshooting
Setting up your Ring home security system is a great way to protect your family and property. Once you have it set up, monitoring and troubleshooting become important components of your home security system. Monitoring can help you detect any suspicious activity and troubleshoot any problems in the system. In this section we will discuss the different options for monitoring and troubleshooting your home security system.
Monitor your system remotely
Monitoring your Ring security system remotely can add an extra layer of protection for your home. This feature allows you to check in on your property from wherever you are, at any time, and get alerts when motion is detected and other unusual activity occurs.
Setting up remote monitoring for your transmission devices is simple and easy. You will need to connect them to the internet and then download the App for control and access via mobile or PC. Once registered, logging into the App will give you access to all installed devices connected to your account as well as allowing you to activate/deactivate them remotely. From here, users can adjust sensitivity levels according to their individual security needs, customize zones that have different lighting scenarios depending on the time of day, view a live video feed with two-way audio communication capabilities and trigger alerts when motion is detected in pre-determined areas.
Using this feature gives a sense of control over what is happening in the home even when users are away or unable to be present nearby. This can mean a high level of comfort both during work hours and vacation/long trips abroad knowing someone has eyes inside the property whenever desired giving added layers of convenience and peace of mind for homeowners around-the-clock.
Troubleshoot issues with your system
Your Ring Home Security System is a reliable and durable system, but occasional issues are normal. If you’re experiencing difficulty with your system, here are some common troubleshooting tips to help you out.
– Check your Wi-Fi connection: Look for any connectivity issues between the base station and your router. Make sure none of the cables have come unplugged or that the router isn’t having any technical difficulties of its own.
– Disconnect and reconnect devices: If you experience a problem turning on or off one of the devices connected to your security system, try disconnecting it and then reconnecting it again. This may help you identify any underlying issues with the device itself.
– Readjust sensor placement: If motion detection wasn’t working as expected, try adjusting the positioning of the sensors to ensure they have an unobstructed view of areas where motion is likely to occur.
– Reset your base station: This can be done through both hardware and software means in case resetting all connected devices isn’t enough. Physically press the reset button on the back of your base station or go into settings on your Ring app to restart from there.
With these steps as well as other troubleshooting methods in mind, you can be well on your way to fixing any issues with ease!
Update your system’s firmware
Updating your Ring Home Security System’s firmware is important to make sure that you’re getting the latest feature improvements and bug fixes. When firmware updates are available for your system, you will be notified through the Ring app.
To update your Ring Home Security System’s firmware, follow these steps:
1. Open the Ring app on a mobile device or from a web browser and log in with your username and password.
2. Tap the menu in the top-left corner of the app to access Settings, then tap Update Firmware.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to start downloading and installing any available updates for your system and components.
4. Once installed, you can select Review Past Updates to see a list of updates applied since installing your system, or continue using it normally with newly released features and improvements!
Please note that if multiple updates are available simultaneously for different components of your system, they will download automatically one after another until all requested updates have been completed successfully. To monitor progress while updating, check “View Downloading Progress” from within the update screen in Settings in the app – this will allow you to keep an eye on current installations as well as ones already completed.
Checkout this video: