Dahua CCTV systems are very popular for business and home security. This guide will show you how to view your Dahua CCTV system on your PC.
- 1 System Requirements
- 2 Connect the Dahua CCTV
- 3 Configure the CCTV
- 4 View the CCTV
To view a Dahua CCTV System on your PC, you need to ensure that your computer meets the system requirements specified by the manufacturer. These include the operating system, hardware requirements, and software requirements. Additionally, you will need the specific Dahua software installed on your PC to access the CCTV System. Let’s take a look at the system requirements.
Check if the PC meets the system requirements
In order to view Dahua CCTV footage on a computer, the PC must meet certain system requirements to ensure proper functionality.
-CPU: Any with 2.0GHz or faster processor.
-RAM: At least 4GB of RAM, 8GB recommended.
-Graphics/Video card: Dedicated graphics hardware of at least 1GB video RAM or better, such as NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) and higher or an equivalent AMD Radeon RX 500 series.
-Display/Screen resolution: Minimum of 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) at 60 Hz refresh rate recommended for optimal performance.
-Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10 recommended.
-Browser: Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox (latest versions). Google Chrome is not officially supported due to compatibility issues with Flash Player.
Please note that your PC must also have a direct connection to the same local network (LAN) as the Dahua CCTV camera in order for it to be accessible and viewable on your device.
Download and install the necessary software
Before you can view Dahua CCTV on your PC, you must download and install the necessary software. The first step is to install the bundled Dahua SmartPSS software. This program is used to access and configure your Dahua Camera system.
Next, you will need to download and install the Windows media player plug-in from the Dahua website. This is necessary for viewing live video from your cameras on your PC. Finally, if your camera supports it, you may need to download and install a remote control plug-in in order to enable remote access over the internet or local network.
By downloading and installing these three components, your PC will be fully equipped with the right tools needed to view CCTV footage from any of your Dahua cameras on one computer screen or multiple monitors simultaneously.
Connect the Dahua CCTV
To view Dahua CCTV on your PC, you will need to connect the Dahua CCTV to your PC. This can be done by connecting the Dahua CCTV directly to the computer’s ports or by wiring it to your router. Depending on your preferences, you can choose the method that is most convenient for you. In this section, we will discuss how to connect the Dahua CCTV to your PC.
Connect the Dahua CCTV to the PC
To view Dahua CCTV footage on a Windows PC or laptop, you need to connect the Dahua CCTV camera to the computer via a USB connection. To begin, you should make sure that your Dahua CCTV camera is properly connected with all necessary cables and settings. Install the included SmartPSS software on your computer, then power up both the camera and computer if they are not already turned on.
Once everything is powered up and ready to go, launch SmartPSS software. Once you open it, you will need to enter the device’s IP address which can be found within its settings menu. After that, configure all settings of the device necessary for viewing the live video feed before connecting it with your PC via USB cable.
You can now open any browser to start viewing footage from Dahua CCTV cameras. In most cases, there will be three basic ways of streaming your video feed from a Dahua DVR unit: Web client view; EZView; or mobile app connection through QR codes scanning or manual setup process. The exact way may vary depending on the specific model of DVR unit and version of firmware installed in it. Visit your DVR unit’s user manual for instructions regarding streaming video setup process for specific models and firmware versions used in them..
Connect the Dahua CCTV to the network
Setting up a network local access to a Dahua CCTV system can require a few steps. It is important to keep in mind that the IP Address of each device in the Dahua CCTV system must be unique, as this will ensure proper operation of all devices within the same network. Follow these steps to connect your Dahua CCTV system and view it on your PC:
1. Connect the Dahua recorder, camera and any other components of your system via data cables according to their specifications.
2. Connect an ethernet cable from your router/switch/PC into each device’s RJ-45 port. This will give each device an internet connection.
3. Change the IP address for each attached device using the manufacturer’s software or through Windows command line utility (See Resources). You can use either DHCP or Static IP Addresses based on your preferences and network set up however both methods should have been considered when configuring devices during installation .
4. Download and install either Device Manager, SmartPSS or IVMS 4500 from the manufacturer’s website (see Resources). Each application is compatible with both Windows and Mac systems but must be used for specific tasks relating to surveillance monitoring functionality such as remote viewing, setting motion detection alerts and more so ensure you install the most suitable app for your purposes prior to setting up access (e,.g Device Manager displays multiple channels at once while Smart PS only shows one channel at a time).
5. Launch the appropriate app you had previously installed , select “Device Management” then choose “Add Device” if it is not already listed under “local area networks” section of “My Devices List” tab within “Device Management” dialog box 6.. Provide necessary details such as device IP address & password associated with those credentials that you may have previously established when configuring settings multiple devices in order allow remote control over connected hardware elements such as Cameras and Recorders . 7 . Select “Save” or “OK” option then wait for couple secs until popup appears saying that connection was successfully established 8 . Finally View live streaming media by selecting correspondTo further customize viewing preferences including playback speed mode , resolution selection & motions detection feature configuration follow instruction given by manufacturer
Configure the CCTV
Configuring the CCTV is the first step in getting the CCTV to stream live footage from the camera to a PC. It involves setting up the camera, connecting the camera to the network, and configuring the network settings. In this section, we will explain how to perform each of these steps, so that you can view Dahua CCTV on PC.
Configure the CCTV with the software
Configuring a Dahua CCTV camera correctly is key to getting the best performance out of your system and it’s very important to understand what you need to do in order to get your camera set up correctly. Many people think that setting up CCTV cameras for use on a PC is complicated, but thankfully it really doesn’t have to be. All you need to do is download the correct software, install it and then run the configuration wizard.
Dahua provide a range of video management software packages that are compatible with their CCTV cameras and give users all the tools they need in order to live view and manage their cameras on their PC. The two most commonly used packages are iDMSS (iPhone & iPad) and gDMSS (Android). For Windows users there is also available Smart PSS which offers lots of control options along with advanced analytics as well as tools for setting up motion alerts, schedules or alarms. Once all of these necessary pieces are obtained, configuring the Dahua CCTV camera can be broken down into six easy steps:
1. Download and install the necessary software onto your computer platform from the DHVision website
2. Connect your IP camera or NVR/DVR device directly into your home router (e.g., via an Ethernet cable connection)
3. Log in using your Dahua username & password so that you can access your device remotely
4 Run through the setup wizard within the Smart PSS application on your computer-this should automatically detect any connected IP cameras or NVR/DVR devices
5 Choose ‘Add Device’ from within Smart PSS setup window & connect/configure all IP cameras within each of these devices
6 Verify & test all settings, making sure that viewing parameters are appropriate for current viewing requirements
Set up the IP address
Setting up your Dahua CCTV on PC can be a bit of a challenge, but if you follow the steps outlined in this guide, you will be able to appropriately configure your security cameras. It’s important to first set up the IP address.
When setting up the IP address, the camera must have an available and appropriate router connection in order to be connected directly with the computer or any remote viewing device. If a router is not available or not working correctly, then an alternative direct connection will be needed. The IP address should typically start with 192/168.x followed by three numeric figures.
You can either manually assign an IP address from your computer or use a program such as Advanced Port Scanner & Network Scanner to detect your camera’s current IP settings automatically and change them as needed for optimal viewing performance on your computer or remote viewer device.
Once the IP address is configured, you can begin configuring other settings such as port settings (if necessary) and login information including username/password credentials if they are required by the system setup process.
View the CCTV
Being able to view your Dahua CCTV on a personal computer can be a very useful option. You can keep an eye on your property remotely and you don’t always need a dedicated monitor or TV. There are many different ways to view your CCTV footage on your computer. In this article, we will go through the process of how to view the footage on the PC.
Log in to the software
In order to view your Dahua CCTV cameras on a PC, you will need to first log in to the proper software. For this, you will need to download and install the Dahua configuration software. This software is available for free on the company’s website. Once it has been installed properly, launch the software and select “File” above. This will open up a dialog box where you can select “Log In/Out”. Enter your Dahua account name and password in order to log in and gain access to your CCTV cameras connected via LAN or WLAN.
View the CCTV footage on the PC
Use the free Dahua config tools to view Hikvision CCTV footage on a PC. The software interacts with Dahua devices, allowing users to access and control the live video streaming, as well as configure features such as recording quality, image size, bitrate and more.
To access the CCTV footage on a PC via the software:
1. Download and install the free Dahua Config Tool from its website.
2. Plug in the camera to a power supply and launch the software on your PC or laptop.
3. Right-click on RTSP in the tool window and click Add Device to add your device camera’s IP address or domain name for connection configuration.
4. Connecting through network configuration will pop up another box that allows you to input your login details for verification purposes e.g username/password should be entered here.
5. After inputting all necessary credentials, click OK to continue with setup – this should take a few minutes or even seconds depending upon your network speed or device connection strength at that time of setup moment (you may have multiple options while configuring). For e.g you can specify whether you wish to use DHCP IP address instead of Static IP address configuration which if chosen will directly assign any available nearby network addresses compatible with device commands sent over internet at that instance of time thereby obtaining direct secure connection with configured CCTV component connected over local web server configured remotely every few weeks as security maintenance practices (for better service/operation flow).
6 Inputting correct login information and clicking OK should now prompt users with device list appearing on screen; Above mentioned window will also display direct upcoming frames being returned when marking corresponding check boxes near ‘Preview 1’ labels just beside video component node icon for long-term surveillance operations among various other settings related to individual cameras (ease of usage) .
7 You can now see real-time footage from connected security components under ‘Devices’ window whenever preview button clicked within software user interface; Also able change various type recording parameters as many desired – Duration till which these recordings should be stored at given moments i thus becoming only common medium from where our casual down look being entertained back home without any external influence related disturbances etc Now save these settings by pressing ‘Save’ button visible top right cornereverytime after making changes alongside right flashing light indicator characters provided both below upper red tinted bar chart column numbers like this – 0 when either WIFI router accidentally goes offline due unknown circumstances while laptop still running connected connections OR it turns grey if proper password not entered OR bottom 4th position turns red signifying online yet low band storage disk inaccessible due Similarly option label ‘Fetch CH number’ near grayed out icon marks way towards selecting actual 3 letter IP name correlating intended Camera MODEL serial number thereby directly resulting refreshing status report operated windows appearing back main program user environment (containing all images//videos streamed thus far) along dedicated user authentication based authentication type system popups already outlined above! As such we successfully update our live broadcast steamed frames available over closed loop Internet connectivity portal and perform advanced remote monitoring tasks easily – because only then can they gain unobstructed vision into confidential premises like banks warehouses etc whenever required
Checkout this video: